Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 20: CHRISTMAS!!! Hh, 6

So here it is, Monday, December 13th. A lot of hard work went into last week and this week. I'm very excited about the Christmas season that is upon us. Such a wonderful, beautiful time of the year and I think that having little ones just emphasizes the beauty of it. We are going to be doing so many fun activities in the next few weeks it will be nearly impossible to list them all. I will try to cover the ones that I think we will use the most/have the most fun with. So without further delay here they are!

I got this counting game off of this site: http://thoughtsofesme.blogspot.com/p/printables.html . I really think that Annabelle will have fun with this. The numbers go up to 10.

This is a game I created with the help of clipart. These snowflakes all have 1-6 arms. Annabelle will be counting and sorting them into similar piles.
Some of our Hh activities can be found here: http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/2010/11/letter-h-for-hippo.html This sites theme for this letter is obviously hippos. There is a hippo color/color word match, hippo builders (We did this with the fish and it was quite a challenge for Annabelle and she liked it so I thought we'd give it another shot with the hippos.), and of course the capital H, lowercase h sort.

This is kind of a dorky game that I made, but I think that the kids will appreciate it. There are four clothespins of each color for each horse. The goal is to match the clothespins to the correct color horse. Ok....stop laughing. :) It's supposed to be a memorable game to help enforce the letter Hh. lol


Yeah!!! Time for more play-doh. This is home made green, mint scented play-doh with green glitter in it. The sequence and buttons are added because we are going to make Christmas trees out of the dough. I got the idea for this from here and thought it looked really cute: http://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/2010/12/december-sensory-tub-playdough.html

Since we aren't putting up our tree yet this will be fun to do!
The following are Asa's trays.

The first is just some Christmas foam stickers that I got at the Dollar Tree along with some red and green construction paper. I have no idea why this picture won't turn the correct way, sorry.

The file folder games I printed off of this site: http://www.christianpreschoolprintables.com/ChristianFileFolderGames.html . They both have to do with color matching. Asa loves these things.


Christmas tree pattern matching that I printed from here: http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.com/Christmas.html


I have not had time to put together Silas' new trays yet. Fortunately he is still quite interested in the ones from last week. Hope you enjoyed this and became inspired to do some fun Christmas activities of your own! Happy blogging.
jess_hak





No comments:

Post a Comment