Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Weeks in Review/Some Sneak Peek

Happy 2011 everyone! I hope that all of your Christmas' were merry. :) We had a wonderful time here, and it was extra special because daddy (Zak) was home! That hopefully explains the lack of posts as of recently. As stated before I hope to continue with these regularly again. It is difficult for me to balance all of the things that I do, but want to continue to blog this adventure we're having here. It has been fun to look back on them and I'm hoping Annabelle will like to look at them at some point and remember all the things she did for preschool. Anyway, on with the show!

The Little People Nativity was a big hit this season. It was played with almost daily. Annabelle loved to set it up and play with it. As you can see Buzz Lightyear and dinosaurs also wanted to visit our Saviour this particular day....I think that there is a Transformer in there too. :)
Annabelle really likes these building activities. This one is from the Hippo unit that I posted in the previous post.
Here she is working hard on the "How many animals are visiting Jesus" activity. (Link is in previous post as well).
I know this picture is a little dark, but if you can see she is holding her Christmas tree that she created from the play-doh I made and sequins provided. She and Asa had a really good time with this.


She also really liked the horse/legs activity. She asks to play with it some still. She had names for some of the horses, I wish I could remember them now. And yes, we did school in our pajamas this day because we can. :)
Our cute window after they decorated it with their snowman and snowflakes. We also have some snowflakes that we made from q-tips, glue, and silver glitter hanging up there too.
Annabelle was not thrilled at the beginning of this craft. We did a day that we talked about candy canes and the meaning behind them. I was really excited that she recognized that it looks like a letter J since we haven't gotten that far yet in the alphabet. I don't know why she knows that letter, but I'm not complaining it will just make my job easier when we get there!
Asa enjoyed it even though Annabelle didn't. They got new do-a-dot markers in their stockings.

The finished product and the book we read to go along with it: The Legend of the Candy Cane by Lori Walburg. Annabelle was pleased with the finished product. It just took her a few minutes to get on board. :)

These little angels turned out super cute! The bodies are their footprints, the wings are their hands, the little cheeks are their fingerprints. top it off with some yarn and google eyes and you can't go wrong. We all really like how these turned out.

Here is another craft that we did. Just a little snow scape and we let the glue run to make icicles on the houses.
Asa shaking away....they like it when they get to use glitter.
This was one of Asa's toys from Christmas. It has been used quite a bit since we got it. All three of them really like it.
Making towers is hard work....and notice the lack of pants, and a diaper....we are diving into potty training. It's going alright. lol


Asa loved doing these file folder games. He feels really special when I pull them out.

Just mommy and Asa having a good time. I love his little face! :)
Here is the little Summer Squash playing with some Christmas erasers. I know that I took more pictures of him, but they must be on the other camera and for the life of me I have no idea where it is at the moment. So this is all you get of Silas in this post. Sorry to all of his fans. ;)


Now I'm going to share a couple activities I'll be using this week. I didn't get around to getting pictures of everything, but it's alright. We will be finishing the Christmas story and our activities that we didn't get to. We will be discussing the wisemen this week and the journey they made and the star they followed. I have a fun craft to do along with that.
This is an activity that I've been working on for sometime. I got the idea from here: http://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/search/label/Alphabet%20Box The idea is that these items (minus the uppercase letters) will be in a bag. Annabelle will pull out an item and decipher which letter the item is/or starts with and will file it under the correct letter. The point is to get her to start listening to the sounds that the letters make so that she will be able to identify them easier. We have played this once already and she did very well for her first time I think. It took her quite a while, but she really liked it. It challenged her and engaged her mind the entire time. I only have A-H completed, so I have a ways to go before it's done.


This is one of Asa's trays this week. I'm sure that Annabelle will enjoy it too. The object is to lace the beads onto the pipe cleaners. I thought the beads looked like snowflakes, so it is appropriate in that it matches the weather outside the window right now!

Lastly, this is an activity for Silas that I got from here: http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/2009/06/tot-school_28.html Just an old coffee creamer container (thanks Zak!) and some pom poms. Just stick the balls in the container. Silas really loves activities like these....as a matter of fact he's playing with it right now!
Yup, that pretty much sums up our last couple of weeks. I'm going to go spend some time with Silas now...he started his Tot School without me. lol Happy blogging.
jess_hak





















1 comment: