Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Coloring Rice

Inspired by this post, I finally decided to try my hand at dying rice. This is something that I've been wanting to do for quite a while and just never had the guts to do it. Then I remembered reading this post from Spell Outloud. I thought that this would be fun for both Annabelle and Asa. I plan on doing it with numbers for Asa since I have started working on those with him. With Annabelle I plan on using 2-3 letters at a time and she has to find and sort it by phonetic sound. This will also be a fun way to introduce letters to Silas (when that time comes around). I've also seen a few posts (although they escape me right now) that do their own "I Spy" type of boxes and take pictures of the things that they put into the rice and the child then would have to dig in the rice to find it (ex. put red things in red rice and have them find certain red items). Anyway, I was really excited about how my rice turned out so I took pictures of it and decided to post them. lol I wish the blue was a little more saturated, but perhaps that happens when they are dry. So here it is, a post with pictures of rice. :) Happy blogging!

jess_hak





2 comments:

  1. That looks great! Have fun with it! :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. colored rice pictures just don't make me smile like pictures of the kids do :)

    ReplyDelete