Sunday, April 17, 2011

Easter/Spring and the letter Ss

We had a nice light week here (only 3 days of preschool). I'm assuming that it will be just as light next week as well. I'm directing the Easter play at our church and it's just consuming my thoughts right now so it is hard for me to focus on school. We completed the letter Ss this week, and had fun with some of our Easter/Spring trays.

LETTER Ss
There are so many more things that I could've done with this letter, but I just didn't have it in me to plan like I normally do this week. We concentrated on S is for Sun/Stars. I read a couple books about the sun. So we had some science reading thrown in this week. Here is Annabelle with her completed Ss letter craft for our alphabet wall....and to top it off she is wearing a sun dress. :)
This is a letter matching activity that I printed off from Sparklebox. I laid out all the lowercase letters on the table and Annabelle and Asa took turns drawing a card from the uppercase letters, telling me the phonetic sound and finding the match.
Really reaching for that letter P. :)
EASTER/SPRING ACTIVITIES
One of our spring trays.
Working on putting some stickers on the page.
Another one of the spring trays. This idea came from here.
Sounding out the word BAT. This is the very first time we've done something like this and she did very well! On a side note: This is the very last time she will be wearing that dress. lol
Beautiful cross collages. I thought it was time to switch out our shamrock collages. These will get strung on ribbon and hung in the window along with our paper mache eggs.
Messiest kids craft ever!!! Even finger painting isn't this messy! I actually made a paper mache mix with flour and water and it turned out kind of chunky. Oh well, it still got the job done. I got this idea from The Chocolate Muffin Tree. She has some of the most creative ideas!
The finished product. This picture really doesn't do them justice. They are really quite lovely. Now I have to figure out how to string them up. I will have to post a blog with a picture once they are all hung up in our window.
Alright, I should TRY to sleep....insomnia has been me friend (or wait....enemy) these last few nights. At least all is quiet while I'm blogging...... Happy blogging!
jess_hak

Linking up to Preschool Corner. Go visit!!! :)

1 comment: