Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tot School: Creation/Ocean

Really excited/ready to start Tot School back up this week with the boys. We are using Hubbard's Cupboard curriculum as a base this year and expounding from that. We will be going through the Bible chronologically and I'm pretty pumped about it. There are some great lessons waiting for us! Also for the next couple of weeks we will have a 'loose' ocean theme. Our tot trays will include a focus on those things. I like to have a theme.....it helps keep me focused. lol

Onto the trays we will be using this week.

Day and night sorting tray.
Creation circles. I am really not a photographer, and I apologize for that! I put these together last year and they are pictures of what God made on the days of creation. I then printed out numbers from clipart. Laminate (with contact paper...these were the days before my beloved laminating machine came to live with me).... velcro..... and voila....a game to learn what days God created what. :)
Another game from last year. Match the clothespins up with the correct pictures.
We will be discussing the letter A this week with Asa and Silas. I love these little letter sensory boxes that I've seen out there. The first place I saw it at was Spell Outloud (great blog!). I also know that Stephanie at Playing House does this too. I just think it is a really fun way to learn about a letter. So this is our letter Aa sensory bin.
Onto the ocean themed trays.

Sorting shells. Pretty self explanatory.
This one is for Asa. I'm going to have him color these pictures and then cut them apart. I found this at 1+1+1=1. Carisa has so many fun printables! As a matter of fact all the ocean printables I'm using this week are from her.
Coloring ocean animals.
Matching/vocabulary cards. This is the pocket chart that the kids have so much fun using. It is just taped to the back of the closet door.


Sorting octopus. I lied.....this is from Confessions of a Homeschooler. Erica has some great things too!
Yet another bad picture. :/ I will be focusing on the colors red and blue for the next couple weeks. Asa knows them, but Silas will be learning them for the first time. I made these fish up in February I think. I made them for a letter review with Annabelle and Asa (hence the letters on them lol), but they have come in handy several times since then. Silas will catch a fish and then put it in the matching colored bucket (from our counting bears).
I will also be starting some counting work with Silas.
Asa will also be doing some counting work. :)

That's the trays for the moment. We are going to have a lot of fun crafts to do too. I think that we will all have a fun week, and Asa can stop whining to do school. :) Happy blogging!

jess_hak

I am linking up to 1+1+1=1. Head on over there to see what other tot's are learning. :)

Tot School

7 comments:

  1. I love Hubbard's Cupboard too! We just started the 3-year old curriculum. We did Creation a couple weeks ago and I was really impressed with her ideas! I like how you put all the trays together-- I bought tot trays but haven't broken them out in a while. How do you store them? Do you keep them set up so the children can pull them out and work on them whenever? I'd like to find a way to do that yet keep the chaos down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week!! Hubbard's has some fun stuff. We use them occasionally.

    Just popping in from tot school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the activities you set out! I bet your boys will enjoy the cards and counters with the little shells! Course mine dont, but I'm very hopeful that yours will :). I love your creation globes, you did such a great job with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun! Can't wait to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the creation activities! Bible study is something I'd really like to work more into our tot school. Looks like you're getting a great start with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally able to respond- we've been out of power for a few days. In regards to tracking downloads, I signed up at statcounter.com (it's free). I don't know much about blogging either, I think I picked up the info from another blog.

    Thanks for the info about the tot trays-- you've inspired me to pull them out again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That alphabet fish game looks fun and perfectly themed. I also love your "A" sensory box... I haven't made a sensory box for A because I am still waiting for my astraunot tube to come

    ReplyDelete