Monday, October 3, 2011

Tot School: Apple Trays

Just wanted to share some fun apple trays that we are working on this week (and some last week too).

This print-out is more for Silas. I got the apple from 1+1+1=1. The alphabet beads I bought online from S&S Worldwide for something like $10 for a HUGE bag.
The rest of these print-outs are from 2 Teaching Mommies and Confessions of a Homeschooler.

Roll and cover game for Asa. He is really enjoying this one!
Sorting apple colors for Silas. I noticed that he was having problems determining red from green in this activity....really hoping the color blind trait is not passed down to him. :/
Silas LOVES these little Fit-a-Shape puzzles. Stuck with the apple colors theme. Same problems with red and green for this activity too.
Fun apple seed counting activity for Asa. Instead of using the paper seeds that they provided us with in the print-out we are using black beans.
This activity is supposed to be used for pre-writing skills, but I like to use it for cutting practice.
File folder game for both Asa and Silas. If you think you've seen this before you're right. It was in one of my earliest blog entries. :) All o f that hard work is paying off and getting reused.
Same for this one. Annabelle used this last year. I made a Big, Medium, Little apple sort.
Number puzzles for Asa. I actually printed out the 11-20 one for Annabelle since we're working hard on her number recognition for those numbers.
Upper case, lower case letter matching.
That's it for now! Check back in at the end of the week to see them in action. Happy blogging!

jess_hak

Linking up to 1+1+1=1 and One Hook Wonder and Pinterest Tuesday

Tot School

9 comments:

  1. Very thorough and lots of cute ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    Heidi
    www.workandplaydaybyday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to be able to "reuse" my work with Grace!

    I saw you're doing scissors-- how do your boys do with them? It hasn't gone well here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trays. I have a colour blind boy here too, but he's 12 and has learned to cope fairly well. I hope your little guy doesn't have that trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're using the awesome free printables to make hands-on activity trays! Having some themed trays makes them all the more interesting! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great ideas! Thanks for sharing! I love the apple seed counting with black beans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fun and creative ideas these are. my son would love doing these! i would love if you linked up to my tip-toe thru tuesday party! this is ideal for alot of my followers! i'm also your newest follower!

    andiejaye @ crayonfreckles.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the upper and lower case matching on the pocket chart. I need to get a pocket chart. Looks like you did some great apple activities. I am visiting from Pinterest Tuesday and have pinned this post. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Number puzzles for Asa. I actually printed out the 11-20 one for Annabelle since we're working hard on her number recognition for those numbers. cotton kurtis wholesale online , khaddar shirts white , cheap wholesale kurtis , kurti catalogue , buy kurtis wholesale , wholesale kurti for business

    ReplyDelete