Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kindergarten Happenings: Rainforest Beginnings

We've had a lot of fun the last couple weeks diving into the rainforest environment. We also learned a whole lot about frogs. I was pretty surprised at how much Annabelle already knew about them. We had fun using the new markers from the Easter baskets to color with this week. All the notebook elements can be found at Homeschool Share.

Working on her frog tongue for the notebook.....and being silly. :)
We had a good time with the lily pads. She picked one, I would read the question (ex. What are baby frogs called?), and she would give me the answer. Then I would cut out the answer and she would paste it in under the answer flap. She did really great and only missed 2!
We worked on a frog craft for a couple of days. Here she is learning how to accordion fold. She picked it up no problem.
I think that he turned out pretty cute. :)
At the end of this week we made a toad house in our yard. We're hoping that a toad will come and live in it. I told Annabelle that it might not happen though because we have a nice creek across the street where they are more likely to live....we may have to set one up and Grandpa and Grandma's house (or cottage!). Don't ask me what she is wearing.....I couldn't tell you....lol
Finished toad house. I think that it looks pretty comfy (if you're a toad).
So much fun! Happy blogging.

jess_hak

Linking up to Homeschool Creations.

4 comments: