Monday, June 18, 2012

Garage Sale Treasures....Another 2 parter. :)

Well, another 2 weeks worth of garage sale treasures are ready to post.  I keep having a bum week with not enough to make it post worthy, and then a good week.  If that pattern continues this week will be the bum week. :(  Anyway, onto the goods....

Found this box of classroom crayons (800 crayons!) for $5.  The Thomas coloring books were $.50 a piece and brand new.  I bought 8 of them making it $4 total.  I donated the crayons and 4 books to our church.  One book went to my friend, and the other 3 are here and in use.  The movies were $1 a piece and I was pretty excited about all of them.  I own the Christy TV series on DVD and was excited to find these extras that were made after.  A lot of the actors/actresses are different, but I'll get over it.  Your, Mine, and Ours...the Lucille Ball version (love), Holiday Inn...love these old musicals.  I was really excited about Julie and Julia....I really wanted to keep it for myself (I think a lot of bloggers like this movie), but I sent it to my lovely sister-in-law.  She let me borrow her copy and my kids destroyed it.  I'm glad that I was able to replace it with one in pristine condition for only $1 rather than paying full price for it.
Found a sale with some boy toys.  Those are hard to come by and my little guys always get so upset when they don't get anything.  I found this cool ramp for their hot wheels sized cars for $2, then all the other miscellaneous cars were another $1.50.  The hot wheels puzzle was $.25
Bag of baby toys/rattles for $1.00
Love this set of nesting baskets for $7 the big ones are HUGE.  All of these are already in use in some capacity all over the house. lol
That completes the bum week of sales.  Still got some fun stuff just not enough to be post worthy in my opinion.  GRAND TOTAL: $26.75

This week was great....well, at least I think it was.  I found all these clothes for Annabelle for $15.  The range in size goes from 5 to 6x.  So hard to find clothing that size at a garage sale, let alone for the price I am willing to pay.  I paid $15 total for everything in both these pictures!  I was a very happy person.  I don't even know what all is in here....everything from pants, dresses, and shirts all the way to pjs, shoes, and a pink snuggie (Annab loves blankets).

I was also very excited to find my first big gift.  This will most likely be for Annabs birthday.  She was with me when I bought this, and she did pick out a couple to play with now, but the rest are being saved until September.  This was a HUGE lot with TONS of animals.  I don't know how I feel about her knowing what she's getting, but the general consensus around here is that it isn't really that big of a deal.  $20 for all.

Life jacket for Annabelle was 1.00, all the beanies were free.  The 3 cats will be for Annabelle's stocking.  The goose and the duck will go with our habitat animals, and the dragon....well, I'm not sure where he ended up. lol.  The dance leotard is BEAUTIFUL and would've easily cost me $60 brand new and I got it for $2!  This will fit Annabelle all next year for her dance classes.
Just a close-up of the quality of the  of the beautiful skirt.....lovely.
Found such great prices on books this week.  This picture was $3, the Hop on Pop was $1 of that.
The workbooks which Asa will use were .25 a piece.  The other books were 3 for $1.00.  Funny story:  At one sale I only found 4 books that I wanted.  The lady told me to go pick out 2 more or put the other one back.  I said, can't I just give you .50 for this one book?  She was so confused....lol, she eventually agreed to that after I said, you would rather take less for this book when someone picks it out for 3 for $1.00 (assuming someone else would buy it) than to take .50 for it right now?  I still don't think she got it.....it was early, maybe she hadn't had any coffee yet. lol
Puzzles for the boys $1.00.  I'm not particularly fond of Barney, but they watch him occasionally and like him so I knew they would enjoy the puzzle.  Also a couple cars for them. $1.50 (they're a pretty good size so I paid the .75 price...even though I would've only had .25 on them at my sale lol).
I was excited about these bowls and plates.  They've been eating out of Dora bowls and have been wanting something for boys.  While washing them Zak (who washed dishes for me cause it's getting harder with my belly for me to wash them) realized the Spiderman plate had a crack in it (so I paid $1 for a bowl...oh well).
GRAND TOTAL: $49 ($20 of that was for a gift).

Linking up to My Life on a Taffy Pull.  Happy blogging!

jess_hak

4 comments:

  1. I think you did GREAT! Both weeks! So proud of you for buying gifts and the clothes are fantastic!! Baby toys always make my heart pitter-patter and I still look at every single one at garage sales!

    Thanks for linking up!! Blessings Garage Sale buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you really need to come visit me. I swear all the cute stuff this year is 5/6-6x. Maybe that's because it's the size Mustang is growing out of and I don't need?? I really like what you found, though. Too cute! Love the Bob bowl and plate, Charger would love them! Great gift, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you got some awesome bargains there. Loved it. Makes me want to go to a yard sale. :o)

    The Paper Maid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing deals! Wow. I never find good stuff like this! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete