Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 8 in Review - attempt #2

As per the title this is my 2nd write up of this post. My first one was lost in transmission....lesson learned, always save in Word document before publishing. :/ I hope that I still have it in me to write a good post. Here it goes....

Whew! What a week. This week I have been working really hard on getting organized and managing my time. I feel that over time with the help of FlyLady.net I will be able to get on top of managing my home how I want to. I was having a very difficult time balancing school, kids, cleaning, and the dreaded computer (aka my connection to the outside world). I am pleased to say that I think I have found a balance and pray that I can uphold it in the upcoming weeks. I am also really enjoying cleaning/organizing for the first time! (Did I really just say that?) I have been working hard to do things as unto the Lord as He truly deserves my best....not only that, but my best with a joyful heart. By managing my time I have been able to spend time doing things that are precious to me instead of wasting it sitting at a computer screen when I've already done everything that I really needed/wanted to do at the computer for the day.

So what does this mean for blogging? Well, have no fear. I am not going anywhere. This blog really does help keep me accountable and stirs up the need to continue and do something on the days where I might not want to do anything pertaining to preschool. I now have specific times during the week that are set aside for blogging. The Week in Review posts will now be done on Saturday (instead of the following Monday). Sneak Peeks (which is my new title for the week themes post) will be done on Sunday. I even have plans for a Wednesday post with a witty title I have yet to come up with based on what we are doing at that moment. That mid-week post will hopefully keep the Review post a little shorter. Ok, on to the fun stuff!

Our artboard was missing from the review last week, but is back in all its glory. Annabelle and Asa really enjoy doing their letter/number buddies. This week we did the #4 and letter C. As always, Asa's are the Picasso looking ones. The brown paper plates (cookies) they painted and put sprinkles (color paper hole punches) on. The green blob (Asa's) and the paper between the #4 and the C on the bottom are cookie cutter paintings. The kids really enjoyed these. Grandma and Grandpa were here to help with those also....only wish I had taken pictures of it. The pictures with the camel's on them are part of our Bible lesson. The kids colored them and then glued packs to the camels. They were packing for Abraham and Sarah when God told them to leave their home and told them to go to a different land. As you can see, we need a bigger artboard. lol

Working hard in her pjs. Annabelle is working on putting the packs on the camels here. I didn't get to do everything that I wanted to with the Abraham lessons so we will be continuing them into the beginning of this week. I want to build a tent with them and also let them help me pack a couple little overnight bags of what they would need.
Yes, Asa is wearing purple butterfly wings. This is what happens when you have an older sister who loves all things girly. :)

The wonderful autumn themed sensory tub. Let me just tell you a little story about my idea to use real acorns. All three kids were playing really nicely with this sensory tub, making a huge mess, but playing nicely none the less. Suddenly Annabelle yelled, "Look mommy, a worm." I went to look and lo and behold I saw it. A fat, white, grub with a bright red head. Quickly I took care of it. I began looking through the other acorns and to my absolute horror I saw about a dozen more fat, white grubs rummaging around in them. Needless to say the acorns had to go....immediately. So the next time that this sensory bin comes out the real acorns will be replaced by fake ones simulated by brown pom poms. Ewwww.......

Asa scooping and pouring, prior to the grub incident.




I put a couple new fall themed activities to help welcome autumn. Autumn is here, it was inevitable....so long beautiful summer! Silas is working diligently to put orange and green colored poms into a pumpkin shaped ice cube tray that I got at the dollar store. He really likes doing this stuff. I think that it makes him feel big.


This is the grown-up version of the same activity. Montessori schools call it transferring. It supposedly helps with dexterity and hand-eye coordination. I think that it is just a fancy way of saying fun busy work that keeps a child entertained that may have benefits in other areas of their mind. And I must say that these activities do keep my kids busy, and I'm happy to say that they are playing more imaginatively and not watching nearly as much television. (BONUS!!)




This is another new fall activity. Obviously the object is to sort pumpkins by size. Asa is clearly understanding this concept. This week I am going to add a medium sized pumpkin and see how he does. I got these pumpkins on one of my thrifting adventures....such a good find.


Such a hamball. He said, "Mommy, take a picture....I smile." lol

"This is a wittle one." Oh and this is the last post that Asa will have long hair. I was able to persuade him to sit in the chair and let the nice lady cut his hair on Saturday! He looks pretty handsome sporting his short do.






Well, that is it for now. I will post the Sneak Peek tomorrow. Have a great day. Happy blogging.
jess_hak


No comments:

Post a Comment