Sunday, May 29, 2011

Glue and Bead Suncatchers

Another light week here in our house. You would think that with the rain and cold weather we would've gotten a lot accomplished. Instead it made us (....me) really sluggish and unmotivated. I'm pretty sure that I'm just going to quick finish up the letters for Annabelle (V,X,Y,Z). She already knows them and instead of taking our time with it I feel like we should just move on. Plus we are both really excited about starting her K curriculum. The little guys will continue to get some fun theme work and we will finish out their letters before we start Hubbard's Cupboard in beginning/mid Julyish (yes, I said Julyish lol). We did manage to get up some new decorations in our window and cross something off our Summer Bucket List.

I was again inspired by Melissa at the Chocolate Muffin Tree when I saw how her bead and glue suncatchers turned out. She has some really great art activities she does with her little girl. Stop by and take a look. Promise you'll come away wanting to do a couple (or 20) of her ideas. We did modify it a little. In her post she says to use clear plastic lids. We didn't have any of those on hand so I just used wax paper and made and filled in a circle with glue. When the glue dries you simply peel it off the wax paper and ta-da....a really pretty suncatcher.

Annabelle loved this and worked really hard on it.
Glitterizing it. :)
Asa shaking the glitter.
Silas even enjoyed it.
Digging for gems.
The finished product. We did these Wednesday, and I was able to hang them up on Saturday. So it does take a while to dry, but they are quite pretty! This picture really doesn't do them justice.
On another note they have been doing construction on the road. I would like to thank the construction workers for entertaining my kiddos for all of 35 min. There is fire coming out of one of the machines that they used. This just really enthralled all three of them. They pulled up their own chairs and sat down to watch. Annabelle even asked for a snack. lol
I hope that everyone else had a productive week (cause mine was not!). Happy blogging.

jess_hak

Linking up to Preschool Corner and 1+1+1=1. Head on over if you have some time and check them out.

Tot School

4 comments:

  1. Those turned out AWESOME! I love that all your kids were involved! I love that you modified the activity by just using glue instead of a lid! Good thinking! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun catchers are beautiful! We might have to try those!! We used to live on a busy street in town and there would often be accidents in front of the house-the kids loved watching the firetrucks and police cars. Now we have tractors :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those are fab! I will have to try this

    ReplyDelete