Friday, June 24, 2011

Garage Sale Treasures: Week 9

It was cold and rainy, but I'm a crazy person and still went out. :) I'm really glad that I did because I was able to cross quite a few things off of my list. I'm going to start out with clothes and then end with the fun stuff. I don't know if people like looking at clothes, but I know that I like looking at other people's good clothing finds so I will keep posting mine.

Annabelle (and Me!) So it was slim pickings for Annabelle's size this week, but not a big deal. Got her a pair of jammies, a couple shirts, and some hair ties. Funny that I found these hair ties. I almost bought the exact same ones the other day. I also found a nice short sleeve sweater (that will look great with the belt I just got at Goodwill). $4.00
Hooray for jammies!! I've been looking and looking and looking for jammies for Asa since the beginning of garage sale season. Today I hit the jackpot. They are pretty much the only clothing item I bought for Asa. Besides the unders pictured to the left (.50) and the shirt there too (.75). 5 pair of summer jammies for $4.50, and 5 pair of winter jammies for $3.75! Unbelievable.
This is Silas' booty....lol not much there. Summer shirt (.50), jammies (1.00)
These are for my sweet nephew. :) Dress shirt, hoodie, 2 long sleeve t's, t-shirt, 2 pair summer jammies, and 2 pair winter jammies. $6.50
A fun basket to put all the clothes in for $1.00.....my arms were getting full. lol
Of course no garage sale venture is complete without buying some books. I crossed 4 books off of our book list (The Snowy Day, White Snow Bright Snow, Commotion in the Ocean, The Pumpkin Patch Parable). I also really like The Pledge of Allegiance book.....it includes the phrase Under God. That could very well not be there in future books printed of the pledge.....$5.25
LOL......I found a Ken today. I've been looking for a while, I paid a $1 for him. I also found him a car for .25.....so he can pick up the ladies in style. :) 2 new pairs of flip flops and a pair of crocs for Asa (yes, I did get him some a few weeks ago, but you can never have too many pairs of crocs). $4.25
So this game was going to be a Christmas present. It was brand new and I paid $3 for it. Then Silas got a hold of it and ripped the title/cover of it. I taped it back together (it's taped in this pic), but I just don't feel good about giving it as a present now. It's just 'used' looking. What say you? Consider also the person who ripped it was the person it was going to be for.....

Anyway, it's a really cute match/memory game. You hide the animals (they break in half) under the haystacks and then find the matches.
Found an little abacus. Also, a Learning Resources cash register (that works and looks great). I was excited about both of these because they will be used this next year a great deal. $2
This next picture is of my favorite finds of the day. They were also all 3 on my list! I like to cross things off....it helps me know (and my sweet Zak know too) that I am actually garage saling with a purpose, and not just filling my house with useless stuff (as the aforementioned sweet one would say). :)

Melissa and Doug World Map floor puzzle - $2, U.S. puzzle - $2. I really like it because the states all come in their shapes (minus the little eastern states they're grouped together in 3 pieces).
I was so excited about this beautiful globe. I've seen a couple for $8, and $10.....I paid $2! Sure it is a little out of date (how long ago did the USSR dissolve?), but it is just fantastic. Annabelle LOVES it and keeps asking about where is this and what people live there.....amazing what ball with countries on it can do to spark a child's interest.
GRAND TOTAL: $43

Hope everyone else had a great time and found some good deals. I'm linking up to My Life on a Taffy Pull. If you went garage saling and have some fun finds to share head over there and share away! :) Happy blogging!

7 comments:

  1. I soo need Jammies for Haylee and I can't for the life of me find any decent ones in 5t. I keep finding 4t ones..and looks like you found a good deal for Asa on them...By the way this is Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good finds. I'm hoping to get out a little tomorrow if there's time for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome day! The floor puzzle is great! I also love the cash register! I'm so glad you keep finding stuff on your list and I'm so glad you keep linking up! Until next week! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some garage sale-ing questions for you, if you don't mind. How do you come up with your list of what you are looking for? And how do you budget for sales each week? Do you haggle or generally pay asking price? I LOVE a good garage sale- but have a hard time knowing how to plan for what to get/how much to spend without driving my poor hubby crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your explanation/tips-- I think it will help me for next year. :-) I have a hard time planning what clothes my kids will be in next year-- but I have a huge list of school/toys that I'm looking for. It's such a thrill when I find things we can use! I'm also so not a haggler-- so if it's reasonable, I just buy it. Anyways, I love looking through your finds! You inspire me to want to shop more!
    I'd also love to see your list posted sometime. (Maybe before next year)- it'd be fun to see what you're able to cross off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm where to start? Great finds on the pjs-I never buy new ones, because they are too cheap at yard sales. You found some great books, and I kicking myself because I almost bought the Pledge of Allegiance book once and didnt. I could really use it this week! We have the 3-D farm match game and love it, so I vote keep it for Tot School :). And the Learning Resources cash register is on our list of wants-great find!!

    ReplyDelete