Monday, October 31, 2011

Tot School: Fall/Monster Fun

Wow....what a busy, fun week we had! This post is going to show our trays in action. If you missed the post about the trays, and want to see any of them in detail, you can view it here. :)

Leaf counting activity....done with speed and ease.... I'm actually going to be starting Saxon Math K with Asa this week. He is just begging me for more to do! We are going to start off doing 2 lessons a week and see how it goes.
He really liked the color sort this week. I think that it had to do with how sparkly the material was. Normally Asa just passes trays like this by because they just don't interest him (cause they're too easy).
This Monster Mash game was so fun. I knew he would have no problem getting all the letters. So I actually played it by setting out a few cards and saying the phonic sound (just wanting to get a grasp on how well/if he knows any of them).....he didn't get a single on wrong....not one!
Monster graphing....as always Asa had a good time with this tray.
Nice follow through. :)
The spider sifting was a hit this week (and a huge mess). I discovered that we have to work on the rules of sensory bins a bit more. lol
Stamping strips. Silas really wanted to do them too.
Pre-writing practice. He's already improving with these.
Tracing Mm. He insists that he does these worksheets as part of his school day. "I want to twace wetters!"
I started using the phonics pad with Asa this week. He's really enjoying it.
This was our Monster Matching game from earlier this year. Silas was able to figure out where to put them all on his own without any help this time around.

The hammering tray was the first choice this week. Everyone had to wait in line to take turns.
Jude's turn.
Look at that big smile on his face. lol
Silas "counting" the numbers during calendar time.
He didn't enjoy this color sort at all. I think that it might have been difficult for him to distinguish them apart. The red and orange looked especially similar.
Transferring.
This tray was done quite a bit by everyone too.
Stop taking pictures (he was starting to get annoyed with the camera).
Roll a Jack-o-Lantern. Silas doesn't really do the rolling part. He just enjoys making the faces.
My boys coloring. Silas will do this for well over an hour straight sometimes....no joke!
Hope everyone had a great week! If you're interested in seeing the fun crafts that we did this week visit this post. Have a safe Halloween!

jess_hak

Linking up to 1+1+1=1
Tot School

6 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun. I love how into it your son is & throwing the graphing dice up in the air =-) Priceless! The roll -a-jackolantern looks like a lot of fun too! I would love for you to link up at my TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin roll game looks like a lot of fun! Your boys definitly got some good learning time in. My little girl can colour for an hour too - it is certainly helpful when cleaning up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jess! I love love love your activities! Just find you via Deb@Living Montessori Now Facebook page :)
    You have a new follower!

    Greetings from Croatia

    Nataša
    http://leptir-mojpribor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some little ones that really enjoy school work! How great. Love that hammering activity. I want to come hammer too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun learning activities! I wish my little boy enjoyed coloring that much. He will only color if I sit and color with him on the same page, and even then his attention span for that is pretty limited.

    ReplyDelete